Honesty . . .
There are many myths and facts surrounding what a pregnancy resource center like Advice & Aid does – or doesn’t do. The best way to understand our call and what we do every day is to confront these facts head-on, with straight-forward answers.
Myth: Pregnancy resource centers are only interested in “saving the baby”.
Fact: At Advice & Aid we are very pro-woman. One of our main reasons to work with each mother is to help her look at all of her options so she is empowered to make a choice she can live with. We know that all three options (parenting, adoption, and abortion) carry with them long-term consequences. Our client has a decision to make, and we endeavor to assure that she has complete information to make that decision.
Fact: Regardless of the option that an expecting woman makes, Advice & Aid has follow-through programs for her.
* For the woman who chooses to parent, we offer education, support, and material aid throughout her pregnancy and for two years following the birth of her child.
* If a woman chooses to make an adoption plan for her child, we offer her referrals to adoption agencies. In addition, we are available to assist her through the duration of the pregnancy and help her make the adjustments needed after her baby is placed.
* If a client chooses to abort, she leaves our clinic knowing that she is always welcome to return for abortion recovery, future pregnancy, or STI/STD services. We also offer a Post-Abortion Assessment, dealing with both the physical and the emotional aftermath of abortion.
Fact: Advice & Aid is dedicated to offering quality medical services in compliance with all regulations and best practices.
* All medical service policies and procedures are reviewed and approved by our Medical Advisory Group (MAG). The MAG is currently made up of 12 medical doctors in specialties including OB/Gyn., Radiology, Emergency Medicine and Family Practice. In addition, the MAG includes five registered nurses and two sonographers along with our client services management staff.
* Every medical test, procedure or treatment is approved by our Medical Director, a Johnson County OB/Gyn., and he reviews every medical chart.
* The day-to-day oversight of our medical services is under the watchful eye of our Nurse Manager an R.N., B.S.N. who has spent her career working in the women’s reproductive health field.
* Every volunteer sonographer is either a practicing registered diagnostic medical sonographer or she has been fully trained in Limited Obstetric Ultrasound including 75 scans supervised by a qualified medical professional.
* We have volunteer nurses trained in specialties like OB/Gyn., Labor & Delivery, NICU, Child-Birth Education, Home Health, Hospice and Telemetry.
Fact: Tools like shame, lies, fear and manipulation come straight out of Satan’s catalog of resources. At Advice & Aid we know that the way to empower women is with truth wrapped in grace, encouragement, hope, and practical help all offered with compassion. Advice & Aid is a judgment-free zone where we listen; offer options grounded in evidence-based medical information; listen some more; offer medical services, referrals, and material aid; and then listen some more.
The final decision belongs with the client, but she leaves knowing that she is loved and is not alone.
Fact: People on the sidewalks outside of abortion facilities are there for many reasons and are there either on their own or representing a number of pro-life organizations. Some have political motives (change the laws), others have compassionate motives (pray and rescue moms and babies), and some are trying to convince women through graphic signs and harsh messages that they are condemned if they commit this unforgivable sin. Many use methods and messages that actually damage the reputations and efforts of pregnancy resource centers. None of them are recruited by or represent Advice & Aid Pregnancy Centers.