About Advice & Aid Pregnancy Centers: Your pregnancy center . . . Your Friend
We are a medical facility that offers pregnancy tests, limited obstetrical ultrasounds, STI testing and STI treatment.
We are different in many ways including the fact that our services are at no cost to the individuals we assist. We also support women beyond the pregnancy by offering pregnancy educational programs and parenting support groups, as well as counseling and support groups for individuals who have been hurt by an abortion decision. This help is available for years after they faced their unplanned pregnancy.
In addition, we also offer help to those that have experienced infant loss through abortion, miscarriage, stillbirth or early child death.
Advice & Aid Pregnancy Centers has been serving the Kansas City community since 1983.
We neither perform abortions nor do we refer for abortions. We do have medically-based, up-to-date information on abortion methods and potential risks. Because we don’t charge for our services and won’t profit from a woman’s decision, we feel we are in a unique position to educate women on this topic.
Our Commitment of Care and Competence
- Clients are served without regard to age, race, income, nationality, religious affiliation, disability or other arbitrary circumstances.
- Clients are treated with kindness, compassion and in a caring manner.
- Clients always receive honest and open answers.
- Client pregnancy tests are distributed and administered in accordance with all applicable laws.
- Client information is held in strict and absolute confidence. Releases and permissions are obtained appropriately. Client information is only disclosed as required by law and when necessary to protect the client or other against imminent harm.
- Clients receive accurate information about pregnancy, fetal development, lifestyle issues, and related concerns. We do not offer, recommend or refer for abortions or abortifacients, but are committed to offering accurate information about abortion procedures and risks.
- All of our advertising and communication are truthful and honest and accurately describe the services we offer.
- We provide a safe environment by screening all volunteers and staff interacting with clients.
- We are governed by a board of directors and operate in accordance with our articles of incorporation, by-laws, and stated purpose and mission.
- We comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements regarding employment, fundraising, financial management, taxation, and public disclosure, including the filing of all applicable government reports in a timely manner.
- Medical services are provided in accordance with all applicable laws, and in accordance with pertinent medical standards, under the supervision and direction of a licensed physician.
- All of our staff, board members, and volunteers receive appropriate training to uphold these standards.