About Advice and Aid Pregnancy Centers:
Your pregnancy center, your friend
Advice & Aid Pregnancy Centers helps women and their families make an educated decision about an unplanned pregnancy. We do this by providing evidence-based, medical information about parenting, adoption and abortion. In many cases, an unplanned pregnancy is a very stressful situation.
Our staff provides a safe, confidential and caring environment. We can help reduce the fear and worry you are experiencing through calm, non-judgmental conversation. Together we can eliminate any shame or embarrassment.
Where there are concerns about relationships, housing, finances or general health issues, our staff has knowledge of many resources and organizations that can help.
That’s what our name means. We give the advice and information to women and their families so they can make an educated decision. And we provide aid in many ways, but primarily by being a good listener in a safe and loving environment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are you an OB/GYN office?
We are a medical facility that offers pregnancy tests, limited obstetrical ultrasounds, STI testing and STI treatment.
How are you different from other clinics?
We are different in many ways including the fact that our services are at no cost to the individuals we assist. We also support women beyond the pregnancy by offering pregnancy educational programs and parenting support groups, as well as counseling and support groups for individuals who have been hurt by an abortion decision. This help is available for years after they faced their unplanned pregnancy.
How long have you been around?
Advice & Aid Pregnancy Centers has been serving the Kansas City community since 1983.
Do you perform abortions?
We neither perform abortions nor do we refer for abortions. We do have accurate up-to-date information on abortion methods and potential risks. Because we don’t charge for our services and won’t profit from a woman’s decision, we feel we are in a unique position to educate women on this topic.
How many women do you see each year?
On average, we serve approximately 3,000 women each year.
Our Commitment of Care and Competence
- Clients are served without regard to age, race, income, nationality, religious affiliation, disability or other arbitrary circumstances.
- Clients are treated with kindness, compassion and in a caring manner.
- Clients always receive honest and open answers.
- Client pregnancy tests are distributed and administered in accordance with all applicable laws.
- Client information is held in strict and absolute confidence. Releases and permissions are obtained appropriately. Client information is only disclosed as required by law and when necessary to protect the client or other against imminent harm.
- Clients receive accurate information about pregnancy, fetal development, lifestyle issues, and related concerns. We do not offer, recommend or refer for abortions or abortifacients, but are committed to offering accurate information about abortion procedures and risks.
- All of our advertising and communication are truthful and honest and accurately describe the services we offer.
- We provide a safe environment by screening all volunteers and staff interacting with clients.
- We are governed by a board of directors and operate in accordance with our articles of incorporation, by-laws, and stated purpose and mission.
- We comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements regarding employment, fundraising, financial management, taxation, and public disclosure, including the filing of all applicable government reports in a timely manner.
- Medical services are provided in accordance with all applicable laws, and in accordance with pertinent medical standards, under the supervision and direction of a licensed physician.
- All of our staff, board members, and volunteers receive appropriate training to uphold these standards.