First, You Need to Know!
From Someone You Can Trust
When making an important decision such as whether or not to have an abortion, there are a few facts that you first need to know.
- It is against the law for anyone to force or bully you into getting an abortion. This can take the form of spoken or implied threats or intimidation.
- If a doctor does not provide informed consent before performing an abortion, he or she could be held legally responsible for damages.
- You do not have to pay any amount at all for an abortion procedure until after the 24-hour waiting period.
- The father of your child has responsibilities as well. By law, he is responsible for helping financially support the child – even if he has offered to pay for an abortion.
- If you choose adoption for your child, the adoptive parents are allowed by law to pay for your prenatal, birth and neonatal care.
There are so many things that you need to be made aware of before you can make an informed decision.
Contact us and a knowledgeable and compassionate Client Advocate will work with you to form a plan that is right for you.
*Information presented on this page was taken from www.WomansRightToKnow.org – a service of the Kansas Department of Health and Environment